Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pattern recreated, I think, and new design in the works

Okay, so I have not posted in awhile. Why is it that best made plans never seem to come through the way they are suppose to? Oh well, I am posting now.

I have been working on several projects lately. I guess I may really have ADHD when it comes to crafting. I cannot seem to get enough and I love to do EVERYTHING!
When I was about 8 years old, I did a "home sampler" from a kit that my mother had bought me. I have had it all these years, and to my dismay, it is literally falling apart. I guess that after 30 years it probably would and I have not always had it stored properly. I loved the simple stitches and design and wanted to make another one. I have looked just about everywhere for the pattern (I have saved most from projects done over the years), but can not seem to find it. I do not remember where my mother bought it or who designed it. So, I sat down and did a recreate with a few little changes I think because of areas where the stitching had fallen away. If any one out there knows where I can find an original, I would love to know! Again, this is a recreation and not an original design by me, I take no credit.

I am currently working a design adapted from a wall quilt that I have absolutely fallen in love with! I love the design and the colors! I though that this would make a nice small sampler type design to maybe fit in with some other homey hearts. Maybe to make a collection from. It will be my first real "challenge" pattern. I am finally learning to use my design software (PCStitch) and I am falling in love with it more and more! Not only is it useful with my cross stitch, but I am also find ways to use it for my crochet too! I love things that are versatile!



I am also currently working on a new afghan. It is going to be an assembled square afghan using a "sunburst" square and a basic double crochet square. It is still a work in progress. I am just about finished with the remaining squares and hope to have it completed by the end of the week. When it is done it will probably be posted for sale on Etsy. If you have not checked out Etsy, you really should. There are alot of great items!
Well, that is all for now! Happy crafting, thinking, working, playing or whatever you are doing today!

No comments: