Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Random thoughts

So, I am sitting down on this rainy late morning, drinking my strawberry Slimfast and wishing it was a real strawberry shake. My girls are having their noontime quiet and nap time, and I have a little time to contemplate the world as it is. How fun! The morning chores are done with the exception of the last load of laundry that is in the dryer and the cleaning of the ferret cage. I have the first portion of the daily workout done and just feel like chillin.

I am working on a new cross stitch project. It is a picture of a boy flying a kite. I am hoping to complete it by the end of next week so I can list it for sale on my esty store. I have been trying to get the motivation again to start my craft business to full swing. I am happy doing my medical transcription from home on the weekends, but I would really like to quit a traditional job altogether and work totally for myself! It will probably take awhile and I will probably have to wait to do it all the way until my girls start school full time. That is a couple years away, but it will give me time to get into the swing of things. Link to my store is on this blog page. You can request items from there also. I do not currently have anything posted for sale, but I can do cross stitch, crochet, and I am learning to knit and do bead work.

What do you think about this "swine flu" thing! Now after all the hype about it, it is now determined that it is not going to be a severe as they first thought. Funny ain't it! Now they are recommending that schools don't have to close and there is no need to take precautions. Could it be that the reason that it did not get as bad is because of the precautions that were put in place? I mean cutting down on the closed in contact of people with symptoms had no play in decreasing the severity of the spread, get real!! It really is a good thing to stay home or keep your kids home when they are sick, but how many people can really stay at home when they are sick. Many companies give their employees a hard time when they call in sick and many do not have sick time without consequence or a three day waiting period. I think that part of the health care reform should be a change in company policies that will allow people who are truly sick to stay home. Of course, you have a lot of people who would take advantage and call in when they are not really sick, so its a catch twenty-two.

I watched American Idol last night. I love that show. I really don't know why, but I have to watch it. Adam did a kick butt job as always last night and made the rest pale in comparison. Allison did a good job, but no one can seem to top Adam. But this could end up working out against him. You know he is good enough to cut an album today and it would be nice for one of the others to get a good shot of becoming big. He may end up going home tonight. It is what happened to Duaghtry. He was good and people knew he would make it as an artist so they let him go. It will be interesting to see. I know that I will be tuning in to the results show tonight.

Well, that is all of my thoughts for now. Peace out and enjoy! ;)

No comments: