Search

Custom Search

Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Items Coming to My Shop

I love to try new things and patterns. I get these "mystery bags" from online suppliers every once in awhile and you never know what you are going to get. Sometime you get some really nice yarn, but it may not be enough for a project that you initially had in mind. Enter in my 5-year-old daughter who loves looking through my literately hundreds of patterns. She found patterns for a few things that were perfect for my mystery boxes!








This first is made from a pattern that was on a skein of Red Heart yarn. It is a wrap that has a little slit in it to hold it around the shoulders. I was such a neat project to do! My daughter enjoyed hers greatly and she said that I should make more for others to enjoy! So here is the first one for my shop. It is done is in a dark coral color and would be perfect for those spring time evenings that are just around the corner!













This second wrap I am not sure where the pattern came from. It was one that was hand written so I am not sure if it is one that I created or if it was from someone else. I therefore do not take created for the pattern, just the work to make the project. It had no picture with it so I was not sure what the finished project would even remotely look like. My daughter just pulled out this piece of paper from my packet and said, "Mommy, I think that this will look nice." I guess she may be a psychic because the finished product turned out wonderful!

I have never done shawls or wraps before. It is hard to believe because there are so many things that I have made since I learned how to crochet when I was around like 6 or 7 years of age. I enjoyed making these and have plans to try out a few more! I have another mystery box coming and hope there are some great goodies in it.

I still have some from my last mystery yarn box that I have not figured out what to do with. It is a chunky and very bulky yarn that is not the easiest to work with, but the challenge is fun!

I hope to have these listed to my shop at www.mrs13.etsy.com by the weekend! Come by an pay me a visit. Any items that are their I will be happy to make custom for you! Just convo me and I will see what I can do!

No comments: