Search

Custom Search

Friday, March 26, 2010

EGAD

Over the past week I have been working on a new afghan to place in my shop. I was hoping to have it completed for listing today, BUT it had other things in mind!

I have had to take the thing apart 4 different occasions! I for the life of me could not figure out what I was doing wrong. The first time I took it apart, I had to remove over 30 rows! Which when those are done in rounds, is a very tough thing! The ends were curling in on themselves and kept doing it for the next 3 tries.

On the fourth (which I was not going to do at first I was just going to try something different) I realized that I was reading a pattern note in reverse of what it was suppose to be! I could not believe it!!! I usually pay such close attention to detail that I cannot believe that I made that mistake! I guess with all the sickness in the family and trying to do soo many things, I did not have the focus that I needed. Oh well, it is now going well and I am aiming to have it completed to post next week!!

I have about 5 more new items that I need to photograph and post. I have just seemed to have difficulty getting to this mainly because of lighting and then some camera issues. I aint the best photographer but I am getting there!

We are getting ready to start the remodeling and redecorating of our house. We are going to do all of it ourselves! Except I think new carpeting, after 15 years it is time!! We tiled our living room floor a few years ago and miss the carpet so it is going back down and in the bedrooms and hallway our carpet is literally falling apart! I think it be time! We are going to paint first though cuz with little ones paint will most likely end up on the floor, LOL!

My daughters have a tendency to like to write on walls sometimes when they are in their creative mode and daddy is watching them, hahaha! SO to alleviate any issues and so they have a creative outlet, we are going to paint the lower half of our hallway with chalkboard paint and let them at it! I want the creativity to flow, but not destroy all the hard work that I am going to be putting in to this job! It has been sooo long since we have done any work to the inside of the house and it need so desperately to be done.

I am planning on posting photos and updates as we get them done! Hubby and I are going to make a photo album of before and after. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love to knit and have taken out more rows than I like to think about but it is all part of the process! Good luck with your remodeling job!