Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Here we are again!

So, times are tough in American finance. Banks (or at least one bank) are in trouble, major lending institutions are in trouble, and of course the airlines are in trouble again. The government is talking major bailouts. I have a question, where is the money going to come from?

Of course the answer to this question is the taxpayers. I don't know about anybody else, but my family can not afford to be bailing these institutions out. We are having rough times just putting food on our table and gas in the car, we can't do anymore.

I hear congress is talking about releasing a new stimulus package, but the president feels that it is not necessary at this time. Consumer numbers were up in June (higher than expected). What was the reason you think? Extra money going into our pockets.

I really feel that our elected officials do not understand us average Americans. To be in politics you have to have money and connections. Most of our elected officials have money and lots of it. Now I am not saying that some have not come by the money by hard work, but still.

I have to say that I am an admirer of Barak Obama. Even though I am a republican, I am tending to lean towards Obama. He started from a very modest back ground and had to overcome many obstacles to get where he is today. I am concerned that he does seem to be change in stance since obtaining the presumptive nomination. I will be watching things very closely in the up coming months.

No comments: