Search

Custom Search

Saturday, July 26, 2008

The trials of starting a business from scratch.
















I think I may have mentioned that I am trying to start my own business. It won't be anything big, but just a little something to bring some money in for now. Maybe when my girls get a little older I will kick it up a notch. Now that is not to say that I would not allow it to get big before that. We will just have to see.
I enjoy crafting! I love to crochet and cross stitch the most. I can do other things, but that is what I enjoy best. I have gotten several products done. I have created a brochure and will start passing those out and hanging them on community bulletin boards and where ever I can get some free advertising.

I am currently doing research, mainly at the library, for tips and hints on how to start a home business. There are many resources on the Internet, but those seem to be geared toward this "data entry" stuff, which I found out was a scam the hard way. I have always thought of myself as a half way intelligent person, but I fell hard to the "data entry" stuff. How silly could I have been!

Now back to the serious stuff. I have, as I said, done up a lot of items. I do doilys, treasure jars (some crotchet and some counted cross stitch), baby afghans, baby outfits, and much more to come. I am really excited about this and hope to be successful!!! The art of crafts is somewhat of a dying art. I feel this is because of the hours that many people have to work. It is hard to find the time to do these projects in today's society. I am here to fill this void!!

I will have many more items to come. Christmas is coming soon and I will be starting on Christmas decorations soon. I am really excited. These are products you will not be able to find at the Walmart and they are all made with love from the heart!!

No comments: