Search

Custom Search

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Okay, I am going to do it!

I have been thinking about doing something for years now, and now I am going to do it!! I am going to start my own business.

I am a crafter and have thought about starting my own business is crafting for a number of years. I have finally decided to go ahead and start it. I have been trying to get a job as a medical transcriptionist from home without any luck. I took a course from home and had high hopes. It cost a pretty good chunk of money and put my family out on a little financial limb. You hear that it is a fast growing need, and as a registered nurse, thought it would be a perfect fit for me. After almost two months after completion of my program and submission of a lot of resumes, I still have no job. With gas prices and child care costs, it does not pay for me to work outside the home. So my answer is to start my own business.

I know that there will be a lot of work involved and lots of time to spend, but I am hoping that it will be worth it in the long run. Many people are successful at their little home adventures, and hey, I have nothing to lose, I would spend money on crafting goods anyway!!!

My husband is behind me 100% and my two daughters want to help. Of course they are just 3 and 1. It will be interesting.

I feel fortunate that I am able to make this try of it. We do not need much more additional income right now, but things are going down hill so fast that it won't be long before we do need more to just to maintain food on our table and a roof over our heads. My prayers are there for those who are already in that situation.

Wish me luck!!! More to come!

No comments: